Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"This is the room, the start of it all"

Quoting Ian Curtis of Joy Division, so begins my musicblog. Quick and simple, I plan on sharing good music that I like and think some of you might like too. Hopefully, I'll give you stuff every day, but I with work who knows if that will happen, but I'll do my best.
I'll kick things off with a great cover from Indiana's indie rock couple, The Mysteries of Life.
While working in college radio in the late 90s, I got loads of free cds from both major label artists and independents. Beating The Arcade Fire to the punch about 10 years ago or so, Mysteries of Life recorded this cool version of The Talking Heads "Naive Melody (This must be the place)".
The first remix I'll share is the Razormaid Remix of Peter Schilling's classic revisiting of David Bowie's Major Tom from "Space Oddesy". This eight minute remix of "Major Tom" is sure to bring back the memories of this great song from the early 80s and represents the more classic remix, one that uniquely extends the song but also preserves the core of the song.
More to came later...

No comments: