Saturday, September 6, 2008

A is for Aquaman: The Search for Arthur Joseph Curry

Over one year later, I return like the phoenix rising from the ashes. Now a father to a beautiful baby girl, my private time reduced to minutes from what had been hours. After deep thought on how best to use this space, I have decided on themed mixes, and since I read comics not novels, why not induldge both my loves - comics and music. Beginning with this mix, A is for Aquaman: The Search for Arthur Joseph Curry, I will bring you mixes named for some of my favorite characters from the DC Universe on a regular basis. As the title might imply, every song on this mix will begin with the letter "A". Consider it a primer on songs I like/love/enjoy that begin with the letter A. The mixes are designed to be listened to straight through, much like a mix tape, so I'll include a .rar download with every song at the bottom. For those of you that prefer selecting only a few songs, I'll include single links for each song. So without further explanation or rumination, I give you...... A is for Aquaman: The Search for Arthur Joseph Curry Another Journey By Train - The Cure Apartment Story - The National Alive - Pete Yorn Acquiesce - Oasis All That I Need - Electronic Asleep From Day - Chemical Brothers Another Breakfast With You - Ladytron All the Umbrellas in London - Magnetic Fields All These Things That I've Done - The Killers Anyone Out There - Duran Duran Alex Chilton - The Replacements Always Tomorrow - Bob Mould All Cats Are Grey - The Cure Awake - BRMC Angels and Devils - Echo and the Bunnymen Anti-Western - Camera Obscura Arthur - Ian McCulloch As It Is When It Was - New Order Download the entire mix here. Aquaman is currently in semi-retirement and appearing in no current DC Comics monthly. Rumors continue to abound about his return. For more on Aquaman, see: The Aquaman Shrine DC Comics

No comments: